Finnish data analytics startup CAP Data Technologies has secured a €145,000 ($163,000) seed investment round from a group of angel investors. With this boost, the team will continue to develop data analysis services for the global Big Data market.
In this context, business veteran Risto Valtakari complements the board of directors. He brings to CAP Data Technologies his long experience in business development, operations and enterprise IT service sales.
The following business experts have accepted to act as advisors to the management:
- Mr. Lennu Keinänen, a serial entrepreneur with solid experience in B2B software startups. Lennu’s latest successful exit was concluded late last year when Paytrail was acquired by Nets.
- Mr. Mikko Raunio, who has a long career in business development, especially developing Sonera’s spin-off Fonecta through several acquisitions.
- Mr. Vesa Laakso, with his long experience in venture capital markets and funding arrangements of startups as well as larger companies.
- Prof. Pekka Neittaanmäki from University of Jyväskylä brings along his extensive scientific expertise in mathematical information processing.
- CAP Data Technologies was founded in late 2014 as a spin-off from University of Jyväskylä. CAP has the unique ability to spot anomalies automatically without fingerprints in large volumes of data using machine learning algorithms.
The team is currently working on applications in cyber security and in electronic billing. CAP works closely with industrial partners in both areas to focus on the customers and to develop product marketing.
Later this year, CAP will release new products. Stay tuned! The CAP core Software as a Service analyzes server log files, and it can be found on the company website https://capdatatechnologies.com. A free evaluation version is available, no registration needed.
For further information from CAP